Curious about the Newtown Creek Superfund site and what the CAG has been doing lately? Here is an update on recent happenings:
- March 27: NYC DEP and US EPA spoke with the CAG about navigational dredging in Whale Creek, CSO sampling, and Superfund process. Click on these links to read the notes from that meeting and view NYC DEP’s presentation.
- May 8: US EPA spoke with the CAG about Human Health Risk Assessment. The EPA asked the CAG for feedback on exposure scenarios (i.e., who is likely to be exposed under both current and future uses at the Newtown Creek Superfund site?). Click on these links to view the presentation and to read the notes from that meeting.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about land (re)use and Superfund sites: the EPA’s Superfund Redevelopment Initiative page.
- If you want to know more about the schedule for the Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study (currently in progress) at Newtown Creek, here is a timeline from the EPA.
What’s up next with the CAG?
- The CAG steering committee will meet to discuss ideas and priorities for future meetings.
- If you are not a CAG member and are interested in becoming one, learn how to do that here.
Thanks for following the CAG!