There will be a Virtual Newtown Creek Community Advisory Group (CAG) meeting Wednesday, September 16, 2020 from 6:30 to 8:30 PM online. An updated agenda is included below.
This month, we again kindly ask you to register in advance for this meeting. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
We will be using the videoconferencing platform Zoom. If this is your first time using Zoom, you will be prompted to download a small application file. Learn how to join any Zoom meeting here.
A few things that will optimize your participation during the meeting:
- If using the desktop app, please update to the latest version. This will allow you to join and have all the features without any trouble. Click here for instructions on how to update Zoom.
- If you are able, please try to join a few minutes before 6:30pm. This will help us orient you into the meeting and update your participation status appropriately.
- Fifteen minutes into the meeting we will lock Zoom. This means that even if you have all the relevant information, you will not be able to join. During our introduction, we will provide you with instructions on what to do if you need to regain access once the meeting has been locked.
Again, we will go over all Zoom features and how you will participate at the beginning of the meeting.
Once again, please find the link to register here: https://cbuilding.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0rce6vrzksHtQSzM8Jab5SroiDvfSlyVMr
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Sofia Soto Reyes, email@example.com.
6:15 Sign-on & Tech Check
6:35 Brief Introduction to Zoom and the Site
6:40 Brief Updates on OU1, OU2 and OU3 and Agenda Planning
- EPA Briefing
- Suggested agenda items for remainder of 2020
6:55 CAG Reflections
- Update from CAG member on the LTCP
- Given that the Creek was declared a Superfund site in 2010, what our our reflections to date on our site, the work, and what we’ve learned (CAG enter reflections in chat, then discuss)?
- What are the topics and issues we want to cover in the next 6 months as the CAG?
- Next meeting: October 21, November 18, December 16 (if needed)