There will be a Virtual Newtown Creek Community Advisory Group (CAG) meeting TONIGHT, Wednesday, September 21, 2022 from 6:30 to 8:30 PM online. An agenda is included at the end of this email.
We, again, kindly ask you to register in advance for this meeting. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
We will be using the videoconferencing platform Zoom. If this is your first time using Zoom, you will be prompted to download a small application file. Learn how to join any Zoom meeting here.
If you are able, please try to join a few minutes before 6:30pm. This will help us orient you into the meeting and provide time for you test your camera and sound.
Again, we will go over all Zoom features and how you will participate at the beginning of the meeting.
The meeting will also be recorded for those who cannot attend.
Once again, please find the link to register here:
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Brandon Chambers, email@example.com.
6:15 Sign-on & Tech Check
6:30 Welcome & Brief Introduction to Zoom and the Site
- Background to the site, Facilitator
- Welcome, CAG Co-chair
- New members
6:40 Overview of Superfund timeline
- Update on estimated cleanup timeline, EPA
- Estimates for completion of OU1 RI/FS, East Branch FFS & potential expedited action, and OU1 ROD & remedy
- CAG questions & discussion
7:20 Climate change and the Conceptual Site Model
- Brief presentation on how the CSM accounts for sea-level rise, shorelines, groundwater, etc., EPA
- CAG discussion
7:50 NAPL Way Forward
- Brief presentation, EPA
8:20 Other updates
- Updates from CAG members
8:30 Next Steps and Adjourn
- Feasibility Study Updates
- NYS DEC Upland Site Characterization Report (Late Fall)