There will be a Virtual Newtown Creek Community Advisory Group (CAG) meeting TONIGHT, Wednesday, October 19, 2022 from 6:30 to 8:30 PM online. An agenda is included at the end of this email.
We, again, kindly ask you to register in advance for this meeting. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
We will be using the videoconferencing platform Zoom. If this is your first time using Zoom, you will be prompted to download a small application file. Learn how to join any Zoom meeting here.
If you are able, please try to join a few minutes before 6:30pm. This will help us orient you into the meeting and provide time for you test your camera and sound.
Again, we will go over all Zoom features and how you will participate at the beginning of the meeting.
The meeting will also be recorded for those who cannot attend.
Once again, please find the link to register here:
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Brandon Chambers, email@example.com.
6:15 Sign-on & Tech Check
6:30 Welcome & Brief Introduction to Zoom and the Site
- Background to the site, Facilitator
- Welcome, CAG Co-chair
- New members
6:40 NY & NJ Harbor & Tributaries Focus Area Feasibility Study
- Overview of the plan, US Army Corps of Engineers
- Proposals and considerations for Newtown Creek
- CAG questions & discussion
7:10 Discussion with EPA Region 2 Administrator
- Background to the CAG
- Brief Comments from CAG members
- Response from the Regional Administrator, Lisa Garcia, Esq., US EPA Region 2
8:30 Next Steps and Adjourn
- Feasibility Study Updates
- Updates on proposed East Branch Expedited Action
- NYS DEC Upland Site Characterization Report (Late Fall)