PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THROUGH THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE FOR DETAILS ON JOINING THE MEETING TOMORROW EVENING WITH OUR UPDATED SECURITY MEASURES.
There will be a Virtual Newtown Creek Community Advisory Group (CAG) meeting tomorrow, Wednesday, May 13, 2020 from 6:30 to 8:30 PM online. Tomorrow night’s agenda is posted below this message. For the details to join the meeting, please click here.
To review the CAG’s presentation to the CSTAG as well as the DRAFT notes, use the links below:
- CAG Presentation for the CSTAG
- DRAFT Informal Notes Document – UNOFFICIAL RECORD (all errors and/or omissions are solely those of CBI)
As mentioned, we will be using the videoconferencing platform Zoom. If this is your first time using Zoom, you will be prompted to download a small application file. Learn how to join any Zoom meeting (video tutorial included).
Once again, for added security we will be using Zoom’s Webinar feature. If you are familiar with Zoom, the Webinar may look and feel a little bit different than your usual Meetings. Upon joining the call, please anticipate that your ability to speak and turn on your camera will be limited. These are settings that we have enabled for the protection of our meeting and we will adjust accordingly. We will be managing these controls accordingly as you join.
A few things that will optimize your participation during tomorrow’s meeting:
- Please try to join a few minutes before 6:30pm if you are able. This will help us orient you into the Webinar and update your participation status appropriately.
- If accessible to you, please join using a computer. This is especially important if you are a CAG member. With a Zoom Webinar format, if you are calling in you will only be able to listen to the conversation, you will not be able to participate actively (and we cannot adjust your participation status when you join).
- Fifteen minutes into the meeting we will be locking the webinar. This means that even if you have all the relevant information, you will not be able to join. During our introduction, we will provide you with instructions on what to do if you need to regain access once the meeting has been locked.
Again, we will go over all features of the Webinar format and how you will be able to participate at the beginning of the meeting.
If you would like to orient yourself to what it is like to be on a Zoom Webinar, learn about joining and participating in a webinar as an attendee here. Note: all Webinar functions are customizable by account so ours might not look exactly as described in this article.
If you have any questions about getting started with Zoom, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Sofia Soto Reyes, email@example.com.
The meeting agenda is posted again below. The Zoom join information can be found by clicking here.
6:35 Brief Introduction to Zoom and the Site
6:45 CSTAG Debrief
- Participants in CSTAG debrief issues raised
- EPA shares next steps on OU3
7:10 OU1 Modeling and Peer Review
- EPA presentation (20 to 25 minutes)
- Questions and Discussion
8:00 General Site Updates
- EPA brief other updates
- CBI update on the website
8:15 Other Items, Next Steps, Reminder of Next Virtual CAG Meeting
- Next meeting: June 10, 2020
- June or July items include status of PRPs and De Minimus Settlement status for small businesses, FFS and Early Action Update, DEC annual update on sites cleanup, Update on OU2 Proposed Plan and Comments and Navigational and Superfund dredging