There will be a Virtual Newtown Creek Community Advisory Group (CAG) meeting this Wednesday, November 18, 2020 from 6:30 to 8:30 PM online. The agenda is included below.
This month, we again kindly ask you to register in advance for this meeting. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
We will be using the videoconferencing platform Zoom. If this is your first time using Zoom, you will be prompted to download a small application file. Learn how to join any Zoom meeting here.
A few things that will optimize your participation during the meeting:
- If you are able, please try to join a few minutes before 6:30pm. This will help us orient you into the meeting.
- Fifteen minutes into the meeting we will lock the meeting. This means that even if you have all the relevant information, you will not be able to join. During our introduction, we will provide you with instructions on what to do if you need to regain access once the meeting has been locked.
Again, we will go over all Zoom features and how you will participate at the beginning of the meeting.
Once again, please find the link to register here:
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Sofia Soto Reyes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
6:15 Sign-on & Tech Check
6:35 Brief Introduction to Zoom and the Site
6:45 The Role of Human Health Risk Assessment and Summary of Newtown Creek Risks and Hazards
- Follow up brief presentation and discussion of risk questions from October
- providing a summary of the HHRA and how it is used/incorporated into the RI, FS and ROD.
7:30 Lateral Groundwater Study Plan
- Presentation on Lateral Groundwater Study
8:00 Updates on Operable Units
- OU1 recent and expected 2021 activities
- OU2 update post Proposed Plan
- OU3 update and CSTAG comments and next steps
8:10 Next Steps
- January: OU Updates; Treatability Study (tentative); Other