There will be a Virtual Newtown Creek Community Advisory Group (CAG) meeting TONIGHT, Wednesday, May 18, 2022 from 6:30 to 8:30 PM online. An agenda is outlined at the end of this post.
We, again, kindly ask you to register in advance for this meeting. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. Please double-check that you’ve registered for the correct date, the link above contained an error in the last post.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
We will be using the videoconferencing platform Zoom. If this is your first time using Zoom, you will be prompted to download a small application file. Learn how to join any Zoom meeting here.
If you are able, please try to join a few minutes before 6:30pm. This will help us orient you into the meeting and provide time for you test your camera and sound.
Again, we will go over all Zoom features and how you will participate at the beginning of the meeting.
The meeting will also be recorded for those who cannot attend.
Once again, please find the link to register here:
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Brandon Chambers, email@example.com.
6:15 Sign-on & Tech Check
6:30 Welcome & Brief Introduction to Zoom and the Site
- CAG Co-Chairs Update
6:40 DEP Updates
- LTCP and Aeration
7:10 Army Corps Navigation Study
- Steering Committee Considerations
- CAG discussion
7:30 Natural Resource Trustees
8:30 Other updates
- Update on alternative staging areas for shallow GW study work, EPA
- NYS DEC seep update
- 29th Street bulkhead, Hector Garcia, Long Island Railroad, AND NYC DOT
8:40 Future Items
- General discussion of interactions of dredging for cleanup and navigation
- General discussion of conceptual site model, shorelines and groundwater, and sea level rise
- Feasibility Study Updates
- NYS DEC Upland Site Characterization Report
- State of signage around the Creek – CAG members
8:45 Next Steps and Adjourn