There will be a Virtual Newtown Creek Community Advisory Group (CAG) meeting TONIGHT, Wednesday, July 20, 2022 from 6:30 to 8:30 PM online. Please find an agenda below.
We, again, kindly ask you to register in advance for this meeting. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
We will be using the videoconferencing platform Zoom. If this is your first time using Zoom, you will be prompted to download a small application file. Learn how to join any Zoom meeting here.
If you are able, please try to join a few minutes before 6:30pm. This will help us orient you into the meeting and provide time for you test your camera and sound.
Again, we will go over all Zoom features and how you will participate at the beginning of the meeting.
The meeting will also be recorded for those who cannot attend.
Once again, please find the link to register here:
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Brandon Chambers, firstname.lastname@example.org.
6:15 Sign-on & Tech Check
6:30 Welcome & Brief Introduction to Zoom and the Site
- CAG Co-Chair welcome & update on recent meeting with NCG
- New members*
- NCG response to the Trustees question, Tyquana Henderson-Rivers for NCG
- Update on alternative staging areas for shallow GW study work, EPA
- 29th Street bulkhead, LIRR, NYC DOT, & NCA
- Signage around the Creek, EPA
7:10 Navigation, Authorized Depths for Navigation, and Superfund
- Brief clarifying presentation, EPA
- CAG discussion
7:30 Expedited Cleanup Update
- Update, EPA
7:40 Future Uses Process and Engaging the Community
- Why future uses are important to the FS process, EPA
- Process ideas for engaging the CAG and the community
- Discussion and Relation to the Accessible Working Waterfront Vision for Newtown Creek
8:20 Future Items
- Environmental Justice, translation of materials, accessibility and the site going forward
- General discussion of conceptual site model, shorelines and groundwater, and sea level rise
- Feasibility Study Updates
- NYS DEC Upland Site Characterization Report (Late Fall)
- NAPL Way Forward (Fall)
- State of signage around the Creek – CAG members
8:30 Next Steps and Adjourn